Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pearye

Cannot boot into OS.

Hey guys, its me again, from this thread:

http://www.compatdb.org/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/176115/page/1#Post176115

Anyway, that thread looks like its been pruned, but I had solved the problem of no booting by RMA'ing the mobo.

However, since I've installed the new mobo, I've had problems nonetheless.

When I start my computer, immediately after the Welcome screen, I'll get a BSOD with "IRQL_not_less_or_equal" and the computer will self-restart. When this happens, it always comes back after the 3rd try. It usually only happens when I cold boot, and somtimes when I just restart. It does not always happen during a cold boot, however.

The computer also will restart itself if it has been on for a prolonged period of time - usually about a day or so.

Now while this was pretty annoying and inconvenient, I kind of neglected trying to fix the issue. However, yesterday I installed a game which "updated" my DX9 drivers. Later, while I was using the computer, it restarted itself (it had been about a day), and now it wouldn't even get past the Welcome screen.

I figured it must be a Windows problem, so I decided to do a Repair installation using a Windows CD. The problem is - it gets stuck at 34 minutes.

I've searched various solutions for this on the web (apparently this is a common problem for users) and I've tried the following things:

- Shift F10, finding the .inf in the log file, deleting it.

- Choosing Standard PC

- Running in Debugging Mode

All of which to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas what I could possibly do, short of reformatting my entire hard drive?

what happens if asctrls.ocx is deleted from system files

Uhhh... idk? I'm not going to try that unless I have some guarantee it'll do something beneficial

Nevermind to that aswell, I found drivers for the nForce4 on nVidia's website. Oh well. Looks like I ended up doing everything myself.