Compatible Support Forums
rogue290

need major help with SIMS 2 install...PLEASE!!!

Hey all,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this, I htink I'm at my wits end...

Alright, I'm borrowing the Sims 2 from my sister seeing as she's using her expansion pack. When I first tried downloading it with the discs, by the third disc, at about 76% I would get the message "A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sound\RnB.package' from the media."

Right, so after hitting the retry button a million times, I went online to find some help. Nothing doing. Today, I tried again to install. Same problem. Searched the net. Found the idea to copy the discs onto my hardrive and install that way.

First 2 discs copied fine, on the third, there was a CDC. Finally! found the problem! I cleaned the disc, and ran it through a program that recovers any possible damaged or lost data. Finally, I got all the files onto my computer. Everything's in order...

Click on the autorun for install and start on some homework.....Still stopped at 76%!!!!

I honestly do not know what to do. I have more than enough memory. The disc is a PCCD, but, and maybe this is where I'm being an idiot, I have the DVD-R/W / CDR/W drive. The one that plays and burns both pc discs and dvd's... Should that make a difference?

Please please please someone help. It's been almost a month of trying....If oyu need any more info, I'll do my best to provide, though mind that I'm not insanely computer savvy

Sorry, I think I typed in CDC somewhere in that last post. I meant CRC as in cyclic redundancy check...thanks

This happened to me and all I did was close the silly game that comes up during install.

I tried that too actually. And someone else's idea of, when the files are on your hard drive and the retry thing comes up, just rearranging some of the files...like keeping it all in the same folder, but just clicking and dragging pretty much....that didn't work either