Compatible Support Forums
leeboy728

installing dungeon keeper gold on WIN XP :(

im not very good with computer at all, but i have an old game that i used to play on my old computer cled dungeon keep gold and i try to install it but it says " C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft and microsoft windows applications"

please help i dont have a clue, dont understand all these patches and things

You need to copy autoexec.nt and config.nt files from c:\windows\repair folder to c:\windows\system32 folder.

i dont know how you copy these files to these places i dont know how to get onto it, im really a begginner on the computer sorry if u can put it in an easier way i wuld be thankful

thanks for the help i have sucessfully installed it, BUT is says Dungeon keeper gold has been installed but not been found on your system. does any one have any ideas? thanks alot

Originally Posted By: leeboy728
i dont know how you copy these files to these places i dont know how to get onto it, im really a begginner on the computer sorry if u can put it in an easier way i wuld be thankful

1. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\repair, and then click OK.
2. Right-click Autoexec.nt, and then click Copy.
3. Click Start, click Run, type c:\windows\system32, and then click OK.
4. Right-click anywhere in that folder, and then click Paste.
5. If asked to overwrite the file, answer Yes.
6. Right-click the Autoexec.nt file that you just copied, and then click Properties.
7. Click to select Read-Only, and then click OK.

8. Repeat steps 1 through 7 to copy the Config.nt file.

Originally Posted By: leeboy728
thanks for the help i have sucessfully installed it, BUT is says Dungeon keeper gold has been installed but not been found on your system. does any one have any ideas? thanks alot

Can you post a screenshot here?

its all installed now cheers, i just cant play it now, i click on play then it says that Dungeon keeper gold has been installed but not been found on your system. does any one have any ideas? thanks alot