Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kain Bloodstone

Windows Vista - Laptop Sensor pad / Mouse Options

I just bought a brand new HP Laptop, came equipped with Windows Vista Home Premium.

So far 2 problems.

I'm not sure if its a bug in the OS or if its a problem only I'm experiencing. I right click the desktop and go to the "Personalization" (used to be called properties) menu. Then go into the Mouse Settings. I increase the mouse motion speed (because the default is rediculously slow. Works fine, like normal. But when I reboot or turn off the computer and turn it back on, the motion restores itself to default w/o saving what I had previously set it to. So I set it again, same problem. All other settings work fine but mouse motion just won't save. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it a complication with my Logitech mouse software vs the OS Mouse software?

2nd problem - In Windows XP Laptops theres a toggle for 'double tapping the sensor pad counts as a left click' option. Where in the world is it on Vista? I hate that when I'm using the sensor pad, it sometimes randomly opens something because of the double click thing, I always turn it off but I can't find the option in Vista OS. Note that I'm not talking about using the sensor as a mouse, I'm fine with that, just hate the double tap thing.

Thanks in advance for any help, once again.

SOLVED

It was a program compatibility issue between the Vista Mouse Support software and Logitech Setpoint. I uninstalled setpoint and everything works fine now.