Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tenzin

A:\ GHOST.ERR this problem occures

Hello, I am currently using a toshiba satellite laptop, and my itunes stopped working about a week ago, no matter what i tried to do to make it work nothing worked. I decided to reboot my computer with the Toshiba recovery cd, upon startup i boot the recovery cd and it goes to the recovery mode where it reaches 99 or 100% and then a pop up window comes up

Question:

Output A:\GHOST.ERR?

| yes | | no |

-------------------------|

If i click yes...

Error. Cannot Open GHOST.ERR - Insert diskette

| OK |

--------------------------

If I click no...

Cache Write Failure, result = 1, drive= 1, sectors 0 to 1

If the problem persists call toshiba support or symantec support.

| OK |

then its says remove all disks and diskettes and then the laptop restarts

-I have no diskette drive. Then if I click no it says write cache error and I cannot do anything. I restart and my only options are a blank screen or booting the recovery cd which just goes to 99-100% and asks me if i want to output to ghost.err. I need help, toshiba did not help me when i called.

I do not know what to do someone please help

thanks

laugh dear friends,

i had this problem and had tried to solve it by calling TOSHIBA also asked to my friends. However, no one had any answer exept to see technician. I know it costs alot.

Finally, i cleaned my recovery CD, very clean.... then i tried to run one more time which it worked.

Hopefully, it will help some of you guyz, KEEP THAT RECOVERY CD CLEAN EVERYTIME.

Good Luck