Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
packman

Any problems with iTunes and WM Player?

I'm thinking of downloading and using iTunes on my WinXP Home machine. Given that the download also includes an automatic install of Quicktime, is there likely to be any clash of Quicktime with Windows Media Player 9 that's embedded in WinXP?

I suspect that the installing (unavoidable) of Quicktime will make Quicktime automatically the default player and that WMP9 may well then be locked out. But would there still be some way of switching between Quicktime and WMP9?

No there should be no conflict, MOV files can only be played via Quicktime anyway.

So, will I be able to switch between Windows Media Player 9 and Quicktime, or will it be the case that once I've allowed Quicktime to be the default player, I'll be stuck with it?

Peterh, I've now answered my own question, having now downloaded and installed iTunes/QuickTime on to my WinXP machine. You can switch between the iTunes player (QT) and WMP via the Program Default settings in Add/Remove Programs.

Just been configuring QT. Is it necessary to register QT (there's a registration tab in QT's Preferences), or do you need to do that only if you're interested in getting info about QT Pro?