Compatible Support Forums
Soul_analyzer

Problem with Resident Evil 2 on Windows Xp

All this time I was trying to find Resident Evil 2 for Pc. After all that efort and all goes for nothing. The game doesnt plays frown . The game doesnt loads properly some indeo video problems cant see the movies. After the load i press several times F8 button to change resolution the only way I found to make graphics to be seen. Only the down button is working at the selection screen and I think there must be a problem with the game save files or folder. I manage once to get in the actual game and I was so disapponted cause even the movements weren't working properly. Claire goes round and round by herself. So I beg you pls is there someone who knows how I can get it working? Pls is my best game I die if lose such a game. Isnt there a patch, fix file for Resident Evil 2? Something to get it working!!!!

Having the same problem, character just runs in circles. Running in 95 compatibility. Tried unplugging keyboard and mouse to see if that was the problem - made no difference.

I found a PSX emulator but needs very careful configuration. Anyway I succeeded the best configuration and I have very well graphics sounds and no problems(of course I downloaded the Resident Evil 2 PSX CDs). I am playing the game from Emulator now. Not the best solution but it works perfect!

I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to that. Interesting that most people only seem to have problems with the game running too fast/slow though and not this particular problem.

I'm able to get RE2 to run within Windows XP. There is a patch out there for RE2 to bring it up to version 1.04, http://files.filefront.com/res2%20104zip/;943427;/fileinfo.html that's where I was able to find it. This also gives support for the nvidia TNT cards that were out years ago. I would like to find support for more video cards for the game considering I'm running a GeForce 6600 GT and there's obviously no selection for the card or manufacturer in the GFX options. It does run fairly fast when running under System Memory (Software) but there are some funky lines within the background images of the game.

there's another solution which i just found out 2 mins ago. open the registry editor on windows, go to local machine/software/capcom/resident evil 2/ and find the value for joystick and change all the number to 00, save, and then the game should run properly.

g3n, if you not see your card in list, it's not mean, that you cannot use your card. smile Try to experiment with different cards, starts with TNT. smile

kouryukagami, than it _was_ joystick! smile

AFAIR, this setting can be achieved more simply through setup menu.

also u do need to run win95 like u said but there is a fix for the save game thingy just go on the net and type like resident ewvil 2 save game fix.also i have never had a prob with this game on winxp exept that save thing it should work perfectly also psxheaven or psxhaven i dont remeber what its called one of the two it is is way better than epsxe emu if u know how to set it up......we want quality not piece of shit hardware