Computer powers up...but won't boot?

Yeah, this time my problem is a bit larger than USB =p

I build this computer a few months ago:

AMD 64 3800+ X2 Dual Core @ 2.1 GHz

1GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2 RAM

eVGA 7600 GT KO

Motherboad is Asus M2N4-SLi

320GB 7200RPM Seagate HD.

Working fine until just about...30 minutes ago. I've moved it around without any problems, so I didn't think moving it today would bring up any problems.

I usually keep it at my dorm - well I'm home for the holidays so naturally I brought it home with me. Just a car ride home - no rought handling or shipping via airplane.

It was working at my dorm...after I took it home and plugged everything in...pressed the power button...first nothing happened on the monitor. It's apparently not getting any signal. I also noticed my power light won't turn on? My motherboard light turns on, my fans are on, my LED's are on...my eVGA has a fan and that's running so my graphics card is getting power too.

I did a few things to try and troubleshoot it.

- Tightened and pressed down wires

- Removed my graphics card and replaced it

- Removing CPU fan and replacing it

- Replugging wires and connections

None of which helped. Still the same problem...anyone have any suggestions?

I'd suggest pulling the RAM and reseating it, but before you do that, try another wall outlet in the house, sometimes that's the problem, too much draw on the circuit the outlet is hooked into.

Reseated the RAM. Didn't help.

I don't think it's the outlet because I've used it before, but another outlet didn't help either.

Quote:
...after I took it home and plugged everything in...pressed the power button...first nothing happened on the monitor. It's apparently not getting any signal. I also noticed my power light won't turn on? My motherboard light turns on, my fans are on, my LED's are on...my eVGA has a fan and that's running so my graphics card is getting power too.

Do you mean that the power light on the monitor does not come on, or on the box?

if the box, try checking the power supply voltage switch to make sure that it did not get moved to the wrong voltage when you moved the box.

If this is not the case, do you get any bios beep codes on the boot try?

Also try checking the power supply cable to the motherboard to make sure it is firmly in place.

If the monitor LED does not come on, did you re-plug in the power connector to the monitor itself. Sometimes it takes a little more pressure to make the connection.

Are you using a surge protector to plug in both the monitor and box?

I had the same problem once, with a BIOSTAR P4MX800-M7A mobo with a 2.53 Intel Celeron D processor.

Turns out it was ESD, since I had just moved it to a new case. Try and get it replaced or buy a new one, those are probably your only options.