Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jodde16

LAG!!

Hello everyone!

okay so I for one think this problem is weird and that it shouldn´t exist, but it does..

ok so I´m kind of a gamer.. and I play counterstrike and is usually in ventrilo a lot. so when I play at home my ping usually gets higher without any reason. In ventrilo you usually have like 10-20 ping but I have around 80-90.. its the same in counter-strike, instead of having around 20 ping I have like 100-120 ping.

so here is the weird thing.. this is only happening at HOME.

When I´m at like a friend and we're having a LAN I have normal ping.. so this is my problem.

Shouldnt really matter, but I have Bredbandsbolaget 8mbits, Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

Could ofcourse be a spyware.. but the fact is still that its only at home that this happens

So does this actually occur when you disconnect from the broadband modem and only play Counterstrike as a LAN game/server ??? Basically do you have more then one machine that you could setup one box with a Counterstrike server and another as the client.

I realize you will not connect to your Ventrilo server but what you want to check out is wether there is indeed some excess network traffic on the WAN side of things in relation to your ISP vs. your friends ISP wink

If your LAN ping times are very low, which they should be then that seems to indicate some sort of WAN/Internet traffic routing issues.

Try using a tracert to both the Vent server IP and the Counterstrike server. Do this a few times to get a good average delay time and how many hops to get there. Also note if any * show up as this denotes timeouts which will indeed cause delays.

I personally have seen weird and wild ping times while connected to my clans Vent server and playing Lineage 2 at the same time wink

Sorry I haven't been replying.

when I wrote that about being on a LAN, then I meant playing counter-strike on the internet using the same network as my friends, but at home, playing on the internet, I have high ping.

May have an idea though.. the broadband modem may be configurated wrong somehow.

I can actually connect to the ventrilo server but its just that I have more ping then everybody else wink

I did a TP-test which shows that of my 8mbits, I have 6.38 so that is not a problem..

There is another computer here connected to the same modem, but weather its on or not does not matter.. the ping is equally high.

I read on the internet that some ppl have had this same problem though the solution didnt work for me.. It was to inactivate the service called Wireless configuration something in the administrator tools.