Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ltsmaw

MOUSE PROBLEMS

I WAS WORKING ON MY KIDS COMPUTER TRYING TO SETUP NETWORKING AND THE MOUSE WAS WORKING JUST FINE BUT NOW IT WONT. I EVEN TOOK THE MOUSE FROM MY COMPUTER AND PLUGGED IT IN AND IT STILL WONT WORK EVEN THOUGH IT WORKS ON MINE.PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Shon,

No need to shout wink

Can you tell us what type of mouse it is and which connection it uses, please?

Windows XP? Maybe it would be easiest if you were to use System Restore to revert Windows an earlier state?

thanks, but i wnet ahead and purchased a usb mouse for 10.00 at officedepot. i do have another question, is a fast ethernet adapter the same as a wireless adapter? does newer pc's come with wireless adapters or just laptops? please help, im trying to network.

The answer to your next question is no. A wireless adapter is usually much slower than fast ethernet. Typically, wireless adapters can only transfer at a max of 11 MB per second, where as fast ethernet has the ability to transfer up to 100 MB per second.

If you are in need of maximum performance, then I'd suggest dealing with the cables. If you hate cables lying around, you should look into purchasing Gecko Tape (it's amazing for tying up cables and such).

If you are looking for convenience of mobility or have the PC located quite a distance from the router/modem, then go for a wireless connection.