Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miccy

no sound

just hear beep sound in my laptop ,when i go to the volume control it says

---------------------------

Volume Control

There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware.

This program will now close.

OK

media player says

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

in device manager have only 6 hardware listed under sound,video and game controllers

Audio Codecs

Legacy Audio Drivers

Legacy Video Capture Devices

Media Control Devices

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Video Codecs

have trying to search the forum for the problems and install the realtek driver but failed as i got error

i'm sorry i cannot speak english well

thanks

Edit

after up[censored] the SoundMAX audio , microsoft kernel wave audio mixer appear listed under the sound,video and game controllers and it seems that that device got an error message

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

please help me , thanks

To me it looks like you may only have to try to re-install these:

Audio Codecs

Legacy Audio Drivers

Legacy Video Capture Devices

Media Control Devices

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Video Codecs

has your sound ever worked?

What gef4000 mx means is this: go to your laptop manufacturer's website, download the chipset drivers for your motherboard. Uninstall your old drivers/soundcard, reboot. Install the new drivers for for your chipset/soundcard, reboot. Hopefully, that fixes the prob.