Compatible Support Forums
pollyvw

Norton Internet Security

Following Symatec links, I updated my NIS subscription. (Let's ignore my assumption that they lead me to buy a new subscription rather than update.) Anyway, installation required me to delete my original version before downloading. NOW, with the new version, I am getting pop-ups while I never got them before. Is there any remedy for this solution within the boundaries of NIS or do I need to just download a free pop-up blocker? TY for help.

Polly

For Norton's"

1. Open up the Norton Internet Security program. You can either do this by selecting the program from the Start menu in the bottom-left corner of the screen, or by clicking on the program icon that appears in your browser toolbar.

2. In the window that opens, click on the "Norton AntiSpam" button located in the left-hand panel.

3. Select "Pop-up Blocking" from the resulting menu. Several new options should appear along the right-hand side of the window.

What browser are you using? I am presuming that it is IE6 since it seems to have the most trouble with popups. IE7 is a little sturdier as are most of the Mozilla based browsers.