Compatible Support Forums
jarves

CAPS LOCK

helow, is there a shortcut or windows trick in converting lower case words to UPPERCASE WORDS? if i already typed the words and i want it converted to uppercase. how shall i do it?

Can you clarify this please...

Do you mean in a document or in a password field ?!?

you could try copying the lot into a single Excel cell, say cell A2, then use one of the following in cell A3:

=UPPER(A2) Changes text to all UPPERCASE (NANCY DAVOLIO)

=LOWER(A2) Changes text to all lowercase (nancy davolio)

=PROPER(A2) Changes text to Title Case (Nancy Davolio)

what i mean is in word documents or text documents or input fields or text fields, not in excel and not the password field. but anyways, tnx felix for the info on excel.

ok tnx. but i heard there is another way, its like a short cut on the keyboard.

There is. If you select the text you want to make caps, then hit CTRL + SHIFT + A. All of the text will be converted to CAPS. If you do that again, it will revert everything back to its original state.

This only works in Word. Other applications use this shortcut for the Save As... function.

WELL IM NEW TO ALL THIS FORUM -- I ONLY SIGNED UP LAST NIGHT BECAUSE I HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM AND I GOT THE ANSWER AND CURE ON THIS SITE SO JOINED UP --ITS GREAT -- ANYWAY GUESS ITS MY TURN TO REPAY THE FAVOUR I GOT LAST NIGHT -- SO SIMPLE BUT GREAT TOOL GO TO www.LOWER-CASE SWITCHER,COM DOWN LOAD IT --ITS FREE AND ITS FAB I HAVE IT INSTALLED ON ALL MY MACHINES --HOPE I HELPED DAVE BLUENOSE1

WELL IM NEW TO ALL THIS FORUM -- I ONLY SIGNED UP LAST NIGHT BECAUSE I HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM AND I GOT THE ANSWER AND CURE ON THIS SITE SO JOINED UP --ITS GREAT -- ANYWAY GUESS ITS MY TURN TO REPAY THE FAVOUR I GOT LAST NIGHT -- SO SIMPLE BUT GREAT TOOL GO TO www.LOWER-CASE SWITCHER,COM DOWN LOAD IT --ITS FREE AND ITS FAB I HAVE IT INSTALLED ON ALL MY MACHINES --HOPE I HELPED DAVE BLUENOSE1