Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pete22

MI-24 HIND

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I hope someone can help me.

I have one of my favorite Sims - Hind (Mi24) RUSSIAN HELICOPTER. However, the version I have is a windows 95 and my OS is XP Home version. I have installed it and attempted running, nothing much happens just get a small screen indicating the year of the game and doesn't go beyond this.

I would really appreciate if someone can assite me. I was told by a peer that I am in need of a "Patch", if so can someone advice me where I get one and what type.

Thanks

Pete

If your running the Windows ver of Hind then all you should have to do is right-click on the game .exe, go to properties, go to the compatibility tab, choose Windows 95, Hit OK, and then play the game.

Originally Posted By: DosFreak
If your running the Windows ver of Hind then all you should have to do is right-click on the game .exe, go to properties, go to the compatibility tab, choose Windows 95, Hit OK, and then play the game.

Thanks but I tried this it does open up and you watch the introduction but than the screen just goes black and stops running followed by Windows'(error) thump sound.

Thanks DosFreak

Your suggestion worked for me...the only problem is the game do not recognize my Joystick...any suggestion, anyone???

Hmmm, does the control panel/software for your joystick see the joystick in Windows?

Does the joystick work in other games?

Hi...DosFreak..

I have a MS SideWinder Force Feedback pro and it works on Windows XP.

Yes...my Joystick works with other games...(inclusive' Flight Simulator X)

In the game Options, I choose, joystick control, but during the game it isn't active.

Maybe my Joystick isn't compatible ! Any ideas???

Thanks for the welcome help.

Try up[censored] your Joystick to the latest drivers, It that doesn't work, try editing the file which has the controls in it, it should be called CONTROL.INI or JOYSTICK.INI then edit the file so that each control e.g 'left is axis Y' or something, it should be an .INI file just check the folder which you installed it into. If that doesn't prevail check the offical website if it is still running or check fansites they are bound to have some info about your techical issue! Also try finding out about the controls names on your controller and then edit the INI file they should be like: AXIS X-Y and D-PAD UP, can that sort of stuff! Anyway i hope this stuff helps!