Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cink

FF7 C:\WINDOWS\system32\autoexec.nt

"the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft applications." ...i just bought this game and thats the error i get when i try to install, i would really appreciate it if someone could please help me solve this very frustrating problem, with detailed information on how to fix it. any help is very appreciated, thanks again

Just go to the START button and type in "SFC /SCANNOW"

Have your Windows XP CD handy.

Or, you could bring up a Dos Prompt and do as Wilhelmus suggests:

Copy C:\Windows\Repair\autoexec.nt C:\Windows\System32

Copy C:\Windows\Repair\config.nt C:\Windows\System32

Then type exit to get out of the Dos Prompt.

Start-Programs-Accessories-Command Prompt. It will open a window that is relatively blank. You should see a command prompt. It will look like C:\> or C:\Windows> or C:\My Documents\Your Name>. At the prompt, type in Copy C:\Windows\Repair\autoexec.nt C:\Windows\System . Then do the same for config.nt as above.

Many thanks for your help i really appreciate it , i done the first one autoexec.nt and it came file copied then i tried C:\Windows\Repair\config.nt C:\Windows\System but it is coming file not found ..any idead why this would be ??

thanks

colin]

Hi sampson , i got those files copied , but i think is not my problem now , my webcam stopped working last week , so i tried to reload it on again but i get a warning message saying 'c:\windows32autoexe.nt is not suitable for running ms-dos amd microsft windows applications....... any suggestions

thanks

c

Download this.

Unzip it (These are the same backup files, mentioned in this thread).

Copy the two files to C drive \ Windows folder \ System32 folder, using Windows Explorer or Command Prompt.

If Windows/Prompt ask for confirmation to overwrite the files, answer Yes.

If you still get the 16 bit subsystem error, update ALL your antimalware programs, if you got any. Otwherwise download at least Ad-aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Stinger

Since some older, out-to-date programs, viruses, other malware, dent to 'corrupt' these two files.

If possible do the scans in Safe Mode, so the possible malwares hopeful do not start with Windows.

And you can download program called Hijackthis.

When you start it, you can scan your computer and save the logfile, which you can auto-analyze at hijacthis.de or post the contents of the log file here, so we can take closer look.

---

Spybot - Search and Destroy.

Ad-Aware .

McAfee Stinger.

thanks again , but i now dont think it is the system 32 files , its my webcam that has stopped working and i have tried to download everything i need , the device drives are working properly and the microphone on the webcam is working properly but iyt just doesnt recognise the camera , i looked on logitech website on faq's and someone there had the same problem but it doesnt give you a resolve !

colin