Dual booting winXP & fc5 on HPpavillion using 2HD

Hi iam new to linux;

i have a HP Pavillion with specs:

p4-2.8GHz

512mb RAM

80 gb primary HDD-winxp Home

10 gb slave HDD

winxp comes with 6 HP pc recovering CDs

i have installed fc5 correctly and choose winxp as default os.IT worked when we boot fc5.but when i try to boot winxp it shows pc recovering and then i am not able to load fc5. i try to load it from windows boot loader by making changes to bootpart.ini but it shows Missing OS. I also tried Linux rescue mode with cmds /chroot/mnt/sysimage and find /boot/grub/stage1 but it says no such directory or file exists.

Please help me as i have to make projects both on windows and linux.........

Quote:
i have installed fc5 correctly and choose winxp as default os.

I assume that you chose to install Fedora on the second hard drive? If so, what options during the installation did you choose to make the partitions and where to place grub, all default options?

Quote:
IT worked when we boot fc5.but when i try to boot winxp it shows pc recovering and then i am not able to load fc5.

It sounds like XP is trying to boot from the HP recovery partition, not the actual Windows OS partition. Are you saying now that you can't boot either OS?

Quote:
i try to load it from windows boot loader by making changes to bootpart.ini but it shows Missing OS.

What changes to the boot.ini file? To load Fedora, or Windows XP? If Fedora, what technique did you use to do this? If you can link to the site's directions that you did this from, this would help. However, depending where you told Fedora to load it's grub reference files, will determine if this works (changing the windows boot.ini to boot Fedora, if that is what you tried).

Please try and be specific, so we know what you exactly did.

thanx for replying but after reading some of ur soluns to others i worked it out how o install 2 OS's in HP kinda machines.