Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wiley Coyotie

Norton INternet Security Deleted Files

After taking about 8 hours to download the software 3 times from the web (i paid for it, in more ways than one!!!) then a few more hours to attempt to install more than 4 times (you'd think I would have learned and asked for my $ back by now right?) I rebooted my machine only to find the two other accounts on my NT OS desktop (3 logons, Administrator, one for wife and one for kids) had all of their files, pictures (from the past 3 years) and e-mails wiped from the machine. Called a local computer gooroo I've worked with in the past and he told me that all is lost. Anyone got any good ideas? Been told if you pay the $20.00 to talk to Norton they'll deny everything and will blame it on your system. Had operated NIS 2005 on this machine up until this problem. Looking to get rid of Norton all together an go to another company. Any suggestions in that arena?

Have you done a search for the files e.g. JPG, GIF, DOC, DBX files to see if they are still there? Are the profiles missing from c:\Documents and Settings?

I suggest getting a good backup program and schedule it to avoid problems like this because they are bound to happen.

I have been using Norton Utilities 2002 for years with no problems. What kind of features are you looking for? Undelete, disk defrag, optimisation?