Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RareAir23

Age Of Empires II Gold not installing properly in Windows XP Professional .64 Ed

Hey all. Need some help with this one. I got a copy of Age Of Empires II Gold I want to put on my gaming rig running Windows XP Professional .64 Edition but it is running into some issues. Namely, it won't install. It'll go through install to the point where the game is 51% installed and then stops installing on this file and hangs everytime: LCALLIG.TTF Also 2 other catches to throw into the mix here: 1. I already tried to install this on a Win XP 32-bit comp and the installation ran fine. 2. Other sites (3dVelocity.com for example) report the game runs fine in Windows 64. So, can anyone give assistance to solving this problem? Thanks. Out!

I don't have a Windows 64 system so I can't replicate what yours is doing. I can tell you that it seems to be stumbling over a font. That is a pretty old font that goes back to Win98 - usually one that deals with faxes. It may be that, that particular font is corrupt or unrecognizable to Win 64.

Try installing in 32bit XP, then export the registry entries with regedit.

Boot back in Win64. Surf to where the game is installed and try to play it. If it doesn't work then try to merge the exported registry from 32bit Windows. If it still doesn't work then I don't know.

I haven't had a chance to test AOE in 64bit Windows yet. (Doesn't help that I don't like the game either wink )

Hey just rename it with a q at the end and to all the other Fonts after it. I just tried it and it some how F$%ken works. Good Luck.

do you have the authenticity code for the installation of age of empires 3. got it offline from someone and it did not have it. or how can i go about retrieving this info.?