Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gef4000 mx

Windows Xp Bootlegged

So I got a new computer from my church pastor, he said it was from honduras so it had a bunch of fans in it windows xp standard ram of 256, raedon family card agp, and amd antholon proccessor overclocked to almost 1.48. So I pick it up take it home plug it in and start her up, well right away I noticed something wasn't right because of the press 10 seconds to cancel screen was a smaller font and said something a little different, so I'm like whatever adn i go to the startup screen and its in nt mode so I switch to xp mode and its missing explorer and all the standard apps that come with windows xp sp2. Also I cannot delete crap period, the compute has about 4 gig left after i delete everything possible but 6 windows things which say they can't be deleted, so my question is

A. Is there anyway I can free up Space on it?

B. Is it possible to remove the bootlegged version of windows xp ... and if there is how?

Get another XP license, home or pro for that machine and boot the install media and delete/reformat the drive.

Don't mess about with trying to save data because it sounds like the file system is corrupt beyond repair at this point.