Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rapunzel

internet connection ok but nopages

Hi, have computer using xp pro connected through router.its telling me I have a connection ,but no ie or firefox pages appear. messenger tells me I have internet connection but not a.net connection. Help. the other 2 puters on the network get internet ok,have set mine up exactly the same..why me?

am trying to do this over the phone for sons computer...found a troubleshooter and tried the ipconfig /all , the adresses are correct he tells me. He tried the pinging tests and will not ping www.yahoo.com , but pinged the ip adress and gateway. got the resulkt he expected from nslookup. still not working.

You can ask him to use ipcongig /release then ipconfig /renew from the Dos(command) prompt. If there is still no joy, it can be one of three things - his firewall is blocking the port, his ethernet card may have the wrong drivers, the ethernet card itself is flakey.

If he is running Windows firewall, he should take it down, then try again. If he has another software firewall, take it down, then try again.

If this does not work, find the manufacturer of the ethernet card, go to their site and download their latest driver and install it.

If that does not work, replace the ethernet card.