Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
waelkd

Shut down Disappeared

hello guyz,i've had this problem for some reason my shutdown and restart button has disappeared from my start up menu,and my folder options button in tools has also disappeared,i tried to do some tweaks in the registry but it's not working.

so any kinda help will be really appreciated thanks guyz

--------------------------------------

ok i managed to get the folder options back but the shutdown and restart buttons in start up r still disabled or hidden.

Hi,

Igot the very same issue, but could not figure out what to change in the Group policies. Could you please explain me how you did that ?

Thanks a lot

Start->Run: gpedit.msc

Local Group Policy->User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Start Menu and Taskbar, change 'Remove Shut Down Command' to default value.

In fact this change DOES solve the problem, but after each reboot, the shut down button disappear again. Along with the unability to get the task manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Any idea about how to keep this Group Policy after a reboot ?

Are you clicking the "apply" button after changing the setting?

hi thank you for this info but u didnt say how to retrive the folder option, i cannt even find them in the task manager so how... help please!!!

Originally posted by elpoulpo:

Quote:

Along with the unability to get the task manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Does the Windows Security screen come up?

If so, you are not using the Welcome Screen.

Enable it in Control Panel->User Accounts.

<edit>

You can start the task manager also by using Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

Originally posted by orasfad:

Quote:
hi thank you for this info but u didnt say how to retrive the folder option, i cannt even find them in the task manager so how... help please!!!

What 'folder option'?

i finally decided to perform a good-old Windows reinstall (for other reasons, too), so the problem is gone.

The details of my issue, though, were :

The Windows security screen was appearing when I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, but with the following greyed :

-Log Off

-Task Manager

-Shut Down

At start up, i had to type my login/pass, if it's what you call the welcome screen

I could not access the Task manager with Ctrl+Shit+Esc, getting a "Task manager was disabled by the dmin" message or alike.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Have you tried right clicking on taskbar / properties/startmenue/customize and check marking 'show logoff ' ?

It is also good to have control panel as a menue. Don't forget to press Apply then ok.