Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miguelidanez

Liveware for Win2000 and SPDIF Out

Does anybody if I can get Digital Out under win2000 with the 70mb complete liveware package?

I like to listen my DVD films using DTT 2500 speakers. I can under Win98SE, but no under Win2000.

Thanks!

are you using the Dell hacked version? I am running the 15meg version from somewhere on here and it works fine. Everything on my live! drive works.

If you use to dell drivers your digital out should work... they dell drivers are posted in the ntcompatible hardware section, but sadly the link is now dead... i suppose dell doesn't like other people using their software

I tried first before using the beta from creative (both minimal an 70mb version), but without result. How can i turn to the dell version doing a clean install?

Thanks.

I upgraded the Dell to the Beta. It worked both ways for me. One thing noted is..... the mixer disappeared from AudioHQ when I upgraded. I tried several permutations of uninstall and reinstall in different order. Mixer still worked, but it wouldn't show in HQ. I use DTT2500 also. Sometimes speakers wouldn't work either. I wouldn't be surprised if noone else could duplicate this, but when I put the 70MB Beta on a clean install everything was on the money....speakers,mixer,4point,digital DIN spdif etc. Although I have not gotten the positional audio demo to actually move the instruments for me in 2k.

What do you have to do to get digital out with the SPDIF connection. I had it working with NT4, but haven't gotten it to work in Win2k.

I have it connected to my receiver, like I did in NT4. I am using WinDVD and the options for 4/6 speaker or S/PDIF are grayed out. Don't know if I just forget an option or a setup step.

My setup uses the digital DIN for connection between DTT2500 and SBlive. I also have a DXR2 card connected to the spdif in on the DTT2500. Probably not comparable to your setup.

Have you got SPDIF Out with WinDVD or PowerDVD? I have connected my DTT 2500 using the RCA digital input not DIN.

Thanks.

I have a creative DVD card. It doesn't use WinDVD. It has it's own software that I use. My digital out works for CD,midi,wav,mp3 etc.