Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lollypoppumkin

I am having trouble installing The Sims Deluxe Edition. Error?

Hi. I don't know who else to ask! You guys seem really smart so it's worth a try here. Ok, so since forever i've been trying to install The Sims Deluxe Edition into my computer and when the install shield comes up it will say:

"The Sims Deluxe Edition Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the setup process. Please wait."

so then i'll wait and it'll start loading and then towards the end when it is almost done loading this little tiny screen will popup and say "Error getting version from memory" I have no idea what that means and how to fix it. A really long time ago my computer had a ton of viruses and it's been cleaned but since then i've been having trouble installing any of the sims games including Sims 2 which seems to be a completely different setup. I'm not very good with computers but if you could give me any directions on how to fix this or any advice or anything lol it would be greatly appreciated.

I use Windows XP.

I have almost the exact same problem but my popup says that ikernel.exe has a problem! I have tried SO many things but nothing has worked.