Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Unkoon2000

Dial-Up Networking problems!!!

I have a question.....when I try to connect to a server at work from home(i have win2000). So, I use this special software that dials in for me, and it goes through compuserve. It starts dialing and when its done and verifying the password... it says "Cannot Connect, because USERNAME or PASSWORD is incorrect" I have entered the right password and username but it still doesn't work. It works on my win98 machine but not on win2000.

Does anybody know whats wrong???

Does your server use ssl? if so do you have it enabled? did your network admin at work give you remote access rights? what protocol does it use? is it TCP/IP, or is it something else (PPP, IPX...etc)? also are your local security settings like for that connection? under network/dial up connections right click the connection that is used and check the settings in there and make sure they are right for that server. when I first installed a stand alone dial up it configured it as a intranet connection instead of dial up so I had to make one of my own and delete the other one then rename the dial up to the others name.....complicated huh.....for whatever reason some programs that configure dial up like it is win98 make it do that