Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tool_462

PC Build

Does everything look compatible for a PC build out of this list of components?

CPU/Mobo

Video Cards Got two of these off eBay for 45 bucks each smile Originally was going to go with one 6800GT but for 105 bucks shipped, an SLi setup is too cool not to have in my Antec SuperLanboy with heavy UV mods.

DDR2 RAM

Ultra X2-Connect 550W PSU

16x Dual layer DVD-RW

56x DVD ROM

2x 160GB SATA Western Digital HDD in RAID 0

New copy of XP Pro

Antec SuperLanboy with UV/CC light mods done by myself.

Everything look ok?

From what I can tell, it seems to look good. Are you sure that is a 56x DVD-ROM and not a CD-ROM? Also, what motherboard and processor are your using? I would recommend AMD's 64-bit processors. They are very flexible and powerful.

Well it is a 56x CD-ROM but it can read DVD's also, not sure at what speed. I have used it in multiple PC's so I'm not worried about it not working. I provided a link to the CPU/Motherboard I will be running, a Pentium D 805 and an ABIT NI8 SLi motherboard. I will be using a Thermaltake BigWater SE kit and the processor is the overclocking champ right now. Has been proven stable over 4 GHZ and its uber cheap at only 125 bucks for a dual core. I originally planned on building an AMD platform but the Opteron's dont even start until 280 or so dollars for low end. Not to mention the price of the X2's. It isn't built to be a blazing gaming machine but will be awesome for the games I play. (EverQuest 1, Rise of Legends, Half Life 2, CS:S and so on)