Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

What the hell is wrong with SBlive and MPS systems!

I tried everything in NT4 and didnt get the sblive working with my mps system, it locked the computer all the time,

now i install win2k and here we go again!!!

it lockes the computer again, just like in NT4, i mean what the heck is this!! can't creative make something that works with 2 proccesors or what is it I am missing?? please help!

MSI 6120 mobo (newest bios)

2xPentium 3 coppermine 600Mhz/133Mhz

256Mb PC133 RAM

3D Prophet Geforce 256

SBlive player 1024! frown

Thanx...

My sblive works flawlessly with my SMP system as well as many other peoples systems. The problem is probably your nvidia drivers. Have you check dxdiag for direct sound issues or drivers related issues? What drivers are you using for your live? You say it locks the computer, what locks the computer? You looking at the monitor? You clicking on explorer? You listening to a cd? what??

------------------

§E£DZÅR

http://www.win2knews.com

ok, here we go:

i start the win2k...i like dont have to do much...just move the mouse around a little bit and then *boom* the computer locks up..i cant move the mouse and keyboard is not responding...but all the applications in the backgroung are running fine..thats strange... then we have another case...when i try to play a mpeg or mp3 file...the computer locks down...and one more case...you know the clickin sound in explorer when you browse the directories, well that sound hangs up...and after some time the computer locks up again...it must be the sound card...but i down know what the heck it is...am using the win2k default drivers for the sblive card...please help! frown

thanx

1st off the problems you describe sound suspiciously like nvidia issues. However, disable acpi and all that in your bios. If that doens't change anything REMOVE the card from your puter and see if it continues. If so then it's not your card. If it is your card try a different pci slot, bring the hardware acceleration down in dxdiag for your sound card.

------------------

§E£DZÅR

http://www.win2knews.com

I remember that initial drivers (about 1yr ago) did not work with SMP, and creative posted a fix, which is now inluded with versions 2 and 3 of liveware. Unless you are using Liveware1 the problem is with something else.

Have you tried using liveware 2000 its available somewhere on the page and works great (basically liveware 3 for Win2k) Even has MPS support I can even play Q3A on R_Smp 1 Check the other threads for the drivers

At last! YEAH, YES YES YES!

i made it, turned of the acpi off in my bios and chaned the pci slot...and it works great now with both proccesors....YES!

thank you very much for your help and support! wink

damn i happy! smile