Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xXxsmexxi_mauhxXx

The Sims 2

yea, its me again, im really unhappy that it cant work. u can answer really simply like: 'I dont think the Sims 2 will work cause u have windows 98.' simple. then i'll jsut install XP or 2000 on mi comp or just GET new comp (cause i need one anyways. the mouse freezes...but I can unplug the mouse and plug it bck in (it works)...) why did i put a bracit in a bracit? can u DO that...??

Quote:
yea, its me again, im really unhappy that it cant work. u can answer really simply like: 'I dont think the Sims 2 will work cause u have windows 98.' simple. then i'll jsut install XP or 2000 on mi comp or just GET new comp (cause i need one anyways. the mouse freezes...but I can unplug the mouse and plug it bck in (it works)...) why did i put a bracit in a bracit? can u DO that...??

Your wish is my command.

I don't think the Sims 2 will work because you have Windows 98 which likely means you have a pre-victorian era computer. GET A NEW COMPUTER (and research it properly so that you know the Sims 2 will run on it before you buy it).

I think Sims2 should change the computer requirements on the pack to the following:

Requires a computer that came with WindowsXp installed

Requires that you bought it in the last 12 months

Requires that the ad/product spec has either of the words "nVidia" or "ATi" in the same line as "video"

Requires that you don't think the computer is magic

Requires that your nextdoor neighbour works in some area of the computing industry

heh. or just buy the XBOX version. Supposedly (like all console ports) it's inferior to the PC version but we are talking about the Sims here so I don't see how it can be that much worse.

I think EA should just team up with Windoze and nVidia/ATI and make the Sims 2 ONLY available bundled with XP and a compatible video card :P