Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
anish kumar

Untitled thread

hi ,

i am new to linux. i installed fedora core 4 on my pc already having win xp with grub loader. i installed fedora by freeing

space on win partition using QTpart.now when i tried to reinstall win xp booting stops at the point when system configures hardware installed and nothing happens. so someone tell me what to do next?

Please clarify what you are currently trying to do.

You had Windows XP on your system, then installed Fedora Core 4.

Was Windows booting properly when you had dual boot with Grub?

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to re-install Windows XP now? Is there a reason why you are re-installing Windows?

As I understand your question, the Windows installation is hanging at the point that it is detecting the hardware on your system?

I never use QTparted to alter my hard drive partitions on a Windows system, as it has not been reliable with changing NTFS partitions.

One point to consider, as well, is that before you install any Linux distro, you should defrag the Windows partition first. This assures that any stray system files are moved away from the end of the Windows partition, so that when you modify the Windows partition, data or system files are not lost.