Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

"Critical Update" on winupdate site!!! Very strang

Guys, do you know if ACPI when its enabeld in bios make big problems with SBlive under win2k (only when using 2 proccesors)??

coz i cant get my SBlive working under win2k, it locks my computer all the time when am using the MPS config...

---------------------

MSI 6120

2xPentium 3 600Mhz/133Mhz coppermine

3D Prophet GeForce 256

256Mb PC133 RAM

SBlive player 1024! frown

I just figured out that I need to press F5 during the installation to get ACPI (Multiprocessor) kernel.. I got a hang when I update from MPS to ACPI under Device Manager. Unlucky for me that I only read this discussion only today.

This is what I gone through. When I enable ACPI and APM, Win2k reboot for not reason during boot up. When I enable ACPI only, then it works great, but Windows 98 lost its standby and it won't shut down (completely turn off my system). Looks like I can only have one of them but not both of them.. any clues?

So, if it set to "Standard PC" and I have a Jetway (VIA chipset) MoBo, is there any way to have it enable ACPI at all?

The thi9ng is, if I enable ACPI in the Control Panel, when I go to shut down the PC I get a Blue Screen with an IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_ZERO error...

Any ideas?

BTW, the BIOS is as up to date as I can get it.

If the Hibenate and Suspend options aren't available on your shutdown, then it's probably because you installed NT4 or Beta W2K Drivers, If you use the Drivers "out of the Box" or Proper Win2k Drivers, then the Options will be there...I have this problem with my Hollywood Plus Decoder Card, so until Sigma Designs Release Proper Win2K Drivers, I'll watch DVDs in Software or win98SE.

------------------

Celeron 400@450

FIC VB-601

Viper V770

Monster MX300

Fujitsu 17.2GB UDMA-66

Windows 2000 - build 2195

-----------------

FlaSh[VC]

ICQ #11831644

Quote:
Originally posted by ZiZooM:
Hi guys !
Maybe i m The only one that didn't update the bios of the ABIT BH6 MBoard ... But All i can tell is that everything works great (hibernate too) So if there is a way to go back to the first Bios try it !
Oups before trying anything look if your Hardware is compatible with this bios !

(Celeron300@450, 128 Sdram100, Voodoo2, TrioSV3 miro, Sblive 1024 OEM)

hey, ZiZoom, please tell us which version of ABIT BH-6 mobo you have (1.0 or 1.1) and what version of BIOS. I also didn't update it and stayed in "FU". And please tell us what exactly did you do in win2k 2195 setup so you can have full APM support (hybernation etc.)...

Thank you all guys for your help !

This is how I got my bh6 1.0 with nv bios and win2k ACPI working together. This isn't propably the smartest way, but a found it from alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit.

First I changed my computer description from standard PC to ACPI PC in device manager. (ACPI function was enabled in BIOS) As expected, w2k wouldn't boot anymore. Just displayed that "boot device" error message. (Actually I don't know if this is in any way related to solving this acpi problem, but this how I did it)

Then I installed a fresh w2k installation in different partition and voila ! there was the hibernate tab in Power management menu.

Now everything is working fine.

Hi STEPHEN Well all i can tell is that I didn't do anyhing for it to work, but the only thing i can tell tou is that i never changed the BIOS of my BH6 since i bought it ! And when i went to see if i could enable hibernate, well it worked smile so i think this must be the 1.0 mobo ! But I know that a lot of Proc are not working with that version ...thats so crual ! smile well if you want to chat ( ICQ 27801197 )

------------------

God gave me life, the AwP gives me the strength !

So let me shoot them all,

and let God sort them out !