Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tool_462

No Audio

I just switched cases but no hardware, and now I cant get any audio to work! I tried downloading the audio drivers and resetting BIOS to no avail. It is onboard AC97 audio so it cant be something not plugged in (i checked.) Any ideas? It worked fine until earlier today when i switched to a different case, so i messed something up on accident. I have an Intel 845GV v1.x motherboard.

Do you connect speakers to front panel or to back?

If to front panel, make sure that it is probebly installed and connected.

Have you checked the jumpers?

I connect them to the back, but I haven't checked jumpers yet. I didn't because it had worked in the other case so I assumed they were still set but I will check them when I can get back to my pc.

I know this may be a silly question and I am not treating you like you are stupid (as I have done this myself, not to say I can't be stupid sometimes....anyway, back to the post), but did you plug the speakers back into the right port? Sometimes I try to do it by feel without actually looking at the back but sometimes you need to do it that way.

I've checked the jumpers and plugged everything in solidly and into the correct slot, still no audio. This is stumping me!