Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShahBucks

Help

For some reason every time i try to use my internet explorer it say it can't display the web page. I don't know but i may have tried to disable it and may have messed it up but i have tried everything. And now i cant use my dsl because i have no ie. If any1 knows anything i'd b glad to read it. And I don't have my restore disk.

Have you tried rebooting/reinitializing everything? If you have a router then follow these steps:

Turn off your computer.

Unplug router.

Unplug modem.

Wait two minutes.

Plug modem back in.

Wait two minutes.

Plug router back in.

Wait two minutes.

Restart computer.

If this doesn't work, we need more details.

Need more info.

What operating system are you running?

Has the computer been set up for internet connection before?

How did you try to disable?

Do you have any other problems connecting? (If you don't have another browser installed try WMP, real player, itunes or quicktime). They all have browsers if any connect we know it isn't a network settings problem.

Have you run spyware adware and antivirus scans? Cleaned temporary internet files and cookies? Reset all security settings to defult?

run any anti-virus, spyware/adware, or worm software you have if any of the following above doesn't work and your securities might be outrageously high also if the software doesn't cure it

Originally posted by shahbucks:

Quote:
For some reason every time i try to use my internet explorer it say it can't display the web page. I don't know but i may have tried to disable it and may have messed it up but i have tried everything. And now i cant use my dsl because i have no ie. If any1 knows anything i'd b glad to read it. And I don't have my restore disk.

So, you have a war35 copy of XP

Now that we've established that, too bad dude.

You tried to disable IE?

Restore from your war35 disk, heh heh heh

laugh

i tried to restore XP and now the message i recieve is, the procedure entry point internetget securityinfobyURLW cound not be located in the dynamic link libary WININET.dll.

WTF

Try a system restore back to the date before you messed with IE.