Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
untoldrevenge

CANT GET THIS GFORCE CARD TO WORK!!! HELP!!!!

hey guys...for some reason i am having trouble with my new GF MX 4000 card...i followed the directions on instalation...and after i inserted the card into my machine i went to boot up my computer...i am running windows 2000 pro by the way...my PC meets all of the requirements...any ways...when i go to boot up the computer it always gets stuck at the beggining loading screen when it says loading windows 2000 it freezes...however...if i remove the card and reboot the PC it loads fine...CAN ANY! HELP ME????

Umm if you look at my name i have great experiences with card smile! Not really the best actually i hate the card personally but anyways you need to disable/unistall your old card first, to do this go to start-control panel-system scroll over to the hardware tab then device manager then you should see a video card/graphics card unistall it and if you can't unistall it then you have to go the more complicated way ... but if you can unistall it then all you have to do is insert your new card and plug the monitor cord in the back of it then start her up and run the software, if you have to go the complicated way then restart your computer to acces your bios to do this tap generally f1, f2, delete key or someother key it'll say in the startup screen then go to perphirals (normaly) then find the option for your on-board graphics card and disable it then insert your card plug the monitor cord into it and turn on the computer and install the software

if you can't find your on-board graphics card you might have to update your bios which you could normally find from your computers company website

hope this helps