Compatible Support Forums
Char27

Crashing

It's job is to pull heat away from the CPU. So with yours not being in it's proper place ontop of the CPU, that would explain why your temperatures are so high.

Try and reseat the heatsink and see if that helps to cool it down some.

That heatsink is actually off the Northbridge chip, which does get hot and will make the system unstable. The small part is most likely the hold-down clamp for the one side of the heatsink, and was at one time soldered to the mobo. Obviously, for some reason, the solder has let go, and the heatsink fell off.

The only option I can see is for you to get some thermal tape(two-sided), or some thermal epoxy, and get the heatsink back on the Northbridge before you fry your mobo, if it isn't fried already.

i think speefan didnt support some of my hardware

so i got new program

and i think u can see the changes :P

1zgxc93.jpg

about the heatsink..does it matter which side the wire thingys go..

or what positions there are..look my pics..there are those things on the 2 side of the heatsink..

Originally posted by cormac:

Quote:
Hey Char, I finally found your answer to the parts. The little part is what the heatsink clip hooks onto to hold it down in place. You need to find a way to get it attached back in place so you can hook the clap under it.

I found this picture of your motherboard showing both parts. http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/images/Products/Motherboard/9bia_L.jpg

As I said, that's the Northbridge chipset cooler. The wee part is originally soldered to the mobo, for some reason(poor soldering job) the solder let go. Best to use two-sided thermal tape, or thermal epoxy to reintall it. I doubt Char wants to tackle re-soldering it to the mobo. smile

okay now i crashed..

and i got this BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH .. brrrrrzzzzzz

weeh..okay

i have got it about 20 times

mby some smart guy can tell what is that smile

1zvy3pz.jpg

Just out of curiousity, where did you get your copy of XP from, and why are you only running SP1 on your system?

Doesn't have anything to do with Micro$haft Authentication, does it? wink

well..as i said my comp crashes..so i cant update to SP2

and i dun have to original version of XP

i dun have so much money to buy

how u know i have sp1 and not original xp

yes they say that i should remove part 1 by 1

but i dun have any extra parts to replace my RAM for some time

or to replace any of my computer parts frown

there was a diagnosic program..and i wanted to download..

but my computer crashed..