Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Psychodad

Epox Athlon Motherboard and Win2k ---> What think you? Re

I want to buy a new Athlon System! I think the Epox K7 Motherboard ist the best ... have anyone problems with this Motherboard and Win 2k?

I will use in the System

Epox Motherboard

Athlon K7 550 @ 700 MHZ

Pc-133 Dimm 128 MB

Elsa Erazor 2

Elsa Microlink PCI ISDN

Netgear Ethernet Card

Creative SB Live 1024

Thosiba DVD Rom M-1212

Sony CRX 100 CD-Burner

Seagate Barracuda 20,1 GB

IBM 6,4 GB

Is there anythink i should know? I have many Problems with my PC! It's the same System, with the diffrent i have a Asus P2B Motherboard and a Pentium 2 @ 350 MHZ. There are also PC-100 SDRAM. The Problem is the public IRQ_Not_less_or_Equal.

Sorry for my spelling. I speak only german perfect!

Please post anythink!

Thanks!

I just got an Epox 7KXA and i have had a lot of headaches. First of all i could not use my older(i say older but its pretty new) PC100 128meg stick of RAM. Second, for some reason when I put my DVD Decoder card in the first PCI it will not post with my memory and it just stops dead in its tracks. Third, my Aureal Vortex no longer worked worth a damn. I would get corruptions in the sound quality and it would eventually shut itself off.

I just got a new sound card (SB Live! Platinum) and so far so good but I am in the process of getting the newest drivers for it. The system is still very fast compared to my oc'ed celeron 400. Do some research is all i can say. Make sure all your hardware is gonna work before you upgrade.

What type of DVD decorder card do you have?

The whole reason why I want to switch to the KX133 board is because I want to be able to use my EncoreDXR2 card again. The FIC SD-11 will NOT work together with my card. I locks the system no matter the OS. I've tried win98, NT4, Win2k, and even the beta drivers under Linux. I'm hopeing this isn't the case for the Epox board. smirk

Does your board work if its not in the first slot or something? Thanks in advance -- psi

Yes my card works perfectly if it is not in the first slot. I have the RealMagic Hollywood + DVD Decoder. I am suprised to say that it works flawlessly.

Sweet... I just wish I know wtf was going on with this FIC board. It locks up even in Linux which is almost shamefull. Anyone else have problems with the EncoreDXR2 board and the FIC-SD11? I have a sparkle 250W PS, could it be that? I would really like to figure this out. Thanks -- Psi