Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SOS88

Dll errors "makecriticalselectionglobal"

"The procedure entry point MakeCriticalSelectionGlobal could not be located

in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Well thats the error i keep getting whenever i open my media player with videos or when im using IE or aol IE and i open a page w/videos and that pops up and i have to press "ok" a few times to get rid of it, but the videos still play but how the hell do i get rid of this message, first i had to replace my DDraw.dll file and those errors went away and then this came? i tried so many things to get this fixed but nothing, even tried replacing it but it says its in use, well anyone know how to fix this error please let me know -envykiss88@hotmail.com

The application is misinterpreting the operating system version and is trying to call a procedure in the Windows 9x/ME version of the Dynamic Link Library that is unavailable in Windows NT(2000/XP) versions.

I assume that you are using Windows XP?

Have you tried up[censored] your codecs, drivers and Windows itself?

Ive updated windows recently...but nothing....is their specific type of codecs to download? drivers?...yes i have xp, i read that post that tschrock said to look @ but i dont have any computer games on this comp and was confused about an mm8 dir.

ALSO! lol my IE and AOL IE have been acting funky since that error popped up...they keep flashing, if theirs any media on a page or a GIF image on a webpage it flashes...looks like white tv scanlines but thicker and flashes on a webpage. I pretty sure its not a virus, i ran about 7 diffrent virus cleaners and nothing.