Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeZZ

heros of might and magic III on windows XP

Hey~ I suddenly got the urge to play Heroes III again..but I noticed the platform does not say windows XP...i was about to buy it but wanted to make sure first...

Does it run with windows xp home edition?

You should be able to run it using the compatibility feature in Win XP.

you will need to install the game, after that right click on the program icon and you will see the compatibility tab and then you can set it up.

You're welcome, if you have any problems. Post back here again and we can go from there.

Good Luck:)

Hey. I've got the same problem as the other guy, but I don't get it how the compability tab helps out. I mean I tried it and all the options there still range between Windows 98 and 2000, when I run it on my XP, it crashes as soon as it starts generating the map. This is sort of awkward since I just installed Heroes II as well, and that works just fine. A little more help please? Cheers

What that is asking is for the version of Win that the game says it is designed for. So if the game is a Win95 then check the Win 95 box.

This game seems to have alot of problems with XP. You might also want to google the game and see if you can find other sites that are listing the same problems.

Good Luck