Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frustrated_Jane

Internet Not working!! Please help! Urgent!

HI,

First of all, im very frustrated that this is happening to me..im currently using my dad's company comp. My home comp is back from repair, has tested that the internet is working but when it connects to mine home modem, it doesn't!

I've check my internet provider and he says my internet is online. Everytime I does the command it says that media is disconnected! It's working fine for my dad's comp why not my home one? It can't be any hardware problems or the usb board problem.

i'm using smartNIC, issit possible that it is spoilt or something? Or issit my cable end is too loose to connect to the smartNIC. But it is working fine on my dad's comp? My dad syas that the vendor has tested everything including the internet and it's working fine..so what is gone wrong?

If I can't get the problem solve, I wont have any comp for the rest of my life...and I can't access important info anymore..it's hassle frown

Pardon if there's any spelling or grammar mistakes..I've just return from finding out the problems of the comp and im now sleepy and very frustrated! frown

Hi Jane.

One possible problem is that your internet card is bad. Buy a new one it only costs about $15. That should solve the problem. if it doesn't let us know and we can advise something new.