Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pirinto

FAT32 for Win NT4

There's a freeware system driver for WinNT4 on http://www.sysinternals.com/fat32.htm

Quote:
FAT32 is a FAT32 file system driver for Windows NT 4.0. Once installed, any FAT32 drives present on your system will be fully accessible as native Windows NT volumes. This free version provides read-only capabilities. A read/write version is for sale at the Winternals Software web site.

I'm running a dualboot of Win98/NT4 and would benefit from this system driver's read/write capabilities since all of my games reside in a FAT32 partition.

I've tried the read-only version and it works well but it's... read-only frown

Have any of you tried the read/write version of this system driver? Does it work well?

Is it stable?

I would really like to know since I can't afford Win2k right now frown

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by pirinto (edited 05 March 2000).]

I have sucessfully used the read/write version of this driver on my system at work. The IT dept wants us to use NT4, but I am a computer tech that works on win98 9 hrs a day and want to run 98 on my client system, so I dual boot and usually run 98, but some apps we use only work under NT so I dual boot to use them. I loaded the Fat32 read/write driver and access these partitions just fine whenever I am in NT4...

Good luck!