Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hardwarecrazy

Help - Attention W2KS Gurus!

Hi:

I had to reinstall W2KS OS due to some problems of booting and it overwrote the regisry obviously. One particular program that has extensive customization does not run because the registry settings are missing. Unfortunately the program cannot be reinstalled as it is an old version that is not available anymore.

A quick look at Documents/settings shows that all settings for the program are still existing on the server under an old Admin User called "Adminitrator" but the current (Adminstrative) user is "Administrator.NewAdmin". Also, using Regedit, I find that the program has several entries in various locations of the registry.

My question is how to important all the relevant information for the old Admin account (for this particular program only) into the new Admin account so that I can run the program again. I wish to accomplish the task for this specific program only.

Is there a utility that can accomplish this task easily? I am sure there are many Gurus here who have run into this problem.

Many thanks.

Its possible by just using Regedit.

1. Load Regedit

2. Select HKEY_USERS

3. Select File, Load Hive

4. Locate NTUSER.DAT from old user profile

5. Enter a name for this eg Old_Settings

6. Locate settings in this hive

7. Select File, Export, save as a REG file

8. Modify exported file in Notepad

9. Change [HKEY_USERS\<Name> to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER