Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Strife

Final Fantasy VII: The glitch that frustrated them all

[marquee]Hello Everyone!:) ((First post...)) I have a question, concerning Ultima Edition: Every time I fight Yuffie and win (If I lose, the game does what It's supposed to do), the game freezes, forcing me to force the program to close. If anyone knows how to get rid of this... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! ;([/marquee]

Did your game frozen completely or it's only "not going anywhere"? If last, it's not a bug (it can be solved with enter to game menu).

As I remember, winning - not the "correct" answer, and Yuffie must be dealed somewhat else way. But I don't remember exactly how. frown

Originally posted by Smiling Spectre:

Quote:
Did your game frozen completely or it's only "not going anywhere"? If last, it's not a bug (it can be solved with enter to game menu).

As I remember, winning - not the "correct" answer, and Yuffie must be dealed somewhat else way. But I don't remember exactly how. frown

It freezes up completely. Music and All. Also,I meant winning the fight against her.

Originally posted by Strife:

Quote:
It freezes up completely. Music and All. Also,I meant winning the fight against her.

I mean the same. smile When I am win, there is nothing at all, I can't do anything except wander aimlessly and enter menu (after that Yuffie gone). smile So winning not required, AFAIR. smile But no, I not experience any freezes after that duel. smirk

But I have Win98...

Try this?

http://www.download.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-XP-Patch/3000-7539_4-10122632.html

Maybe it can help? smile

Originally posted by Smiling Spectre:

Quote:
Originally posted by Strife:

Quote:

I mean the same. smile When I am win, there is nothing at all, I can't do anything except wander aimlessly and enter menu (after that Yuffie gone). smile So winning not required, AFAIR. smile But no, I not experience any freezes after that duel. smirk

But I have Win98...

Try this?

http://www.download.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-XP-Patch/3000-7539_4-10122632.html

Maybe it can help? smile

I have that on my computer, but I'll try it anyway.

I hear recently, there is "very big" delays in FF7 under WinXP. He mention something about 5 minutes, when game seems frozen, but after that game continue play. May be it can be the case?

it can't (i'm a guy) freeze up completely i mean come on well all i can say is by a disc cleaner or take a DRY paper towel a rub it over the disc (it works for me)

hey um why not try to get yuffie she does not level up easy and when does it freeze up and um it happened to me at cosmo canyon frownshocked

I HAVE EVERY MATERIA ALL OF THEM MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

DON'T GET YUFFIEYOU WON'T USE HER I'M FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!1

You really should use all the fan-made patches for the game. Even Eidos site links to one of the fan-made patches. There is even improved models for the game (!).

Here is my Best-Quality Graphics and Sound Final Fantasy VII page:

expertmultimedia.com/protoarmor/gamepage/finalfantasy-ff7bestquality.html

And if that doesn't solve your problem, go to

forums.qhimm.com

that's where I learned all I know about fixing and improving Final Fantasy VII

Good luck have fun,

ProtoArmor