Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tourettes

Mediaplayer doesn't work with TNT2

Hi!

I just changed my G200 card to Asus TNT2 card. But now in Windows 2000 Mediaplayer goes blank if I try to move it's window when "show windows contents" is turned on. If I turn off Mediaplayers acceleration then it works fine, but it's so slow that I can't use it.

I have tried Nvidias 3.78 & Asus newest drivers but the behave exactly same. Windows 2000 own drivers work well but no OpenGL frown

My motherboard is Abit BP6 with 2 celerons.

same prob except that i have a bi PIII 450 on an A-trend board and that i didn't have this pb before with a single PIII on a Bx6 2

My son has BX6 rev 2.0 TNT2 PCI version and does not have this problem. I have a Tyan Tiger 100 Dual PIII 600e with TNT2 AGP and I have this problem. If we switch cards the problems goes away.... is it the cards or the drivers...... hum

Regards

Jim

I noticed that if I pull of my second processor the problem goes away. So I think the problem is in Nvidias 3.78 drivers.

I just hope that Nvidia fixes this problem soon because I don't really like to take my second prosessor off if I want to use Mediaplayer.

I did the same thing and the pb also disappeared. So it seems that the pb has to do with the dual processor thing but what, is it a pb with the drivers which do not support multi proc?

Has anyone tried older drivers. Drivers that came with Windows 2000 doens't seem to have same problem. I tried ASUS 3.79b drivers and they seem to have same bug (they are probably based on nvidia's 3.78 drivers).

I right now quiet busy so I don't have time to test different drivers (Some school work that's allready late smile So if someone have spare time, please try some older drivers.

I have the same problem. When I check dxdiag I see that Direct3D & AGP support is Not Available..

This is with v3.78

When I first installed v3.78 I checked and everything was available. Now for some reason it is not anymore..

In Mediaplayer I cannot go fullscreen anymore or move the window without losing the picture...

I already tried different version of the drivers ( for sure the 3.66 which was reputedly the most stable ) and I got the same pb. So i have one question : does anybody with a dual proc (or more??) and a TNT2 has no problem with the overlay under 2K???

Awww.. to bad the recent server switch thrashed the archives or else I'd be *****ing about searching before posting. haha..

anyways.. Yes Nvidia drivers blow ass.. especially with an SMP systems.

THe media player is related to direct draw not working properly(hence the acceleration workaround). Affects realplayer too(but that can be avoided by unchecking optimized video in config)

Here is another work around(a better one than pullyin gout the 2nd CPU) for you guys..

WIN+R -> run cmd.exe

ALT+Enter to full screen it

this is bring the monitor back online.

Alt+Enter again to return to desktop.

Tada.

Thankyou to who ever it was who told me that one...

I found an another workaround for this problem. Just install Nvidias NT4 detonator drivers (3.68 if I remember correctly). These drivers can be found on same page that Nvidias W2K drivers.

It fixes also second bug that I had, my Quake 3 crashed my whole computer when I ran it second time on same boot. Althou your not able to set brightness in Q3. At least I couldn't set it.

Also some random lock ups have gone away, or I just have had good/bad luck and my computer just haven't crashed.