Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CLUE

Heroes of Might and Magic: which Mss32.dll version?

Can someone check in their Heroes of Might and Magic folder and find the mss32.dll file, then: right click on mss32.dll, properties, version, go to file version and product version if possible and tell me which version I need. I get a retarded error everytime I try to install... (The procedure entry point _AIL_sample_volume@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll.) God this is annoying I had the game installed fine before on Windows ME I think. If someone can do that I'd appreciate it!

Originally posted by CLUE:

Quote:
Can someone check in their Heroes of Might and Magic folder and find the mss32.dll file, then: right click on mss32.dll, properties, version, go to file version and product version if possible and tell me which version I need. I get a retarded error everytime I try to install... (The procedure entry point _AIL_sample_volume@4 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll.) God this is annoying I had the game installed fine before on Windows ME I think. If someone can do that I'd appreciate it!

If it's HOMM3 then mss32.dll in my HOMM3 directory is 3.0.0.0

Thank you so much!!! only took 3 days on 2 forums to get a straight answer. I will try to find that version right now, but if anyone can confirm that that;d be cool too. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks

Originally posted by CLUE:

Quote:
Thank you so much!!! only took 3 days on 2 forums to get a straight answer. I will try to find that version right now, but if anyone can confirm that that;d be cool too. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks

You're welcome!

I got the new mss32.dll and it worked, but, I had to get smack32.dll as well after. Got both of them and now I am getting this: "The MSS DLL is incorrectly installed in the Windows system directory". Does anyone know why it would do this? I moved the old one to my received files folder just in case, used winzip to extract it to my system32.