Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
makai

RESIDENT EVIL 2 on Windows2K --> can't SAVE!

Hi all!

I did all that u said about fixing the loading bug, but now i can't just save my game! Anytime i try to do it, game crashes to desktop smirk I use Win2k SP4. Any suggestios? Oh, i have RE2 US version (ClaireU.exe and LeonU.exe).

Ok, thnx, but i've already read that. I don't have a problem with loading saved games, but with SAVING itself. I did all the steps for makeing loading possible. Works fine. I have correct save names, i can load. But when it comes to save, i can't do even one save. When i use the typewritter and select create new or try to overwrite existing save, game crashes instantly to desktop. I've changed savegame dir to one with no subdirs (c:\re2), enabled compatibility option with reg32 and set game execs to compatible with win95 (win98 tried too), decreased the graphic card performance (i use i740), even changed the graphic card in game setup to unknown one and then ran WMP. Still no luck frown. There was one single post with having exact the same problem, but nobody answered it. Please, anybody, help! I just can't believe i'll be probably forced to use some lame trainer, just to "enjoy" one of my favourite games! :(((

oh, and you probably wonder what am i loading if i'm unable to save smile Well, the saves made when i was unable to load them, because they where invisible in the savegame folder and marked as leon waiting room or something laugh

hi, i did the thing whit the compatibility but still can't load the savegames, what else can i do????

please help!!!!!!!!!!

I finally solve the problem, try changing the savegame dir in various folders until you find the one that lets you save and load your games correctly. I put mine in program files and works fine now.