Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom-boy

Logitech LX700 mouse problem

Namely, the cursor moves rather erratically. With games this is just unacceptable since the cursor often suddenly jumps who knows where and especially fine, small movements tend to do this. I upgraded Setpoint, cleaned the lens and asked from Logitech but they gave me solutions I've already done. Did I just buy a dodgy product or is there some simple tricks, settings or such to solve this? I know this rather vague quesation and description but I'm out ideas here.

If this is a cordless mouse/keyboard, I would think that it may lag and is perhaps not the best solution for gaming.

Yes, it's a cordless system with a base station and all. The problem is not that it lags really, since I can configure the mouse very nicely but that the cursor suddenly starts to live a life of it's own, bouncing around. You can get it back in control by left-clicking but that isn't always an option, of course. So I was more like wondering if someone with same model has a some specific tip regarding configuration (what on/off)or something similar. One thing I've noticed is that my cooling seems to pick up speed now a lot earlier. Are these cordless systems really such a powerhogs? This could possibly explain also my problems.

Hmm, I have one of the Logitech MX1000 mice and it works just fine, including gaming wink

However, just the other day I did notice some jumping and stuttering and it was indeed some extra dirt/dust on the bottom of the mouse and around the lens. I also cleaned off the desktop surface that I use my mouse on as well.

After doing these things it worked just fine.

Please note that I do not use the Setpoint/Mouseware from Logitech, instead only the default PS/2 mouse drivers with XP Pro. Why, well because my KVM switchbox doesn't seem to like the Logitech software for some reason frown

Perhaps this could also be an issue with the jumping around. And note that I'm using the adapter to go from USB into PS/2 for my KVM switchbox.

Default drivers, eh? Never thought of that, have to give it a try. I don't think in my case it's not the lens or pad being dirty since I bought both on Friday 23rd but of course that doesn't mean anything, so I cleaned them anyway to no avail. My guess also would be that there's something funky with Setpoint and Mouseware, giving even more reason to drive Win2kPro's drivers. What keyboard are you using with MX1000? Mine being so new I could still return them back to the store and switch to something better, if it goes to that.

@Tom-Boy, I currently use the Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard, the ergo split kind. It has both the PS/2 and the USB connector wink