Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Justbill

Home Network Pleeeeze Help!

I have 2 computers sharing an internet connection on a Belkin router. This is a wired network! When I first connected them to the router, I had to change my printer configurationon on the no.1 box to a shared printer, in order for the printer to print. Which leads me to my question. Does this Belkin router tie my 2 computers together in such a way, that I can print on the printer that is connected to box #1 (usb connection) from box #2 (2 boxes connected by router)? How would I go about file sharing? Are there any good tutorials, on this subject (preferably written in everyday english smile )? I believe there is a way to get this to work, I just need some direction here!

Thanks in advance for ANY help

Justbill

box #1

Fedora Core 4

on a

Compaq Presario SR1426NX

2.93GHz Pentium 4

512MB PC2-3200 DDR2 SDRAM

160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive

box #2

CentOS 4.2

on a

HP Pavilion

500MHz Celeron

256MB PC 100/133 ram

80GB Western Digital hard drive

The printer is a

HP psc1315

physically connected to box #1 (usb)

I posted this on linuxcompatible, how in the world does this keep on happening? This is not the first time I have posted on linux compatible, and my post turns up on ntcompatible!

Justbill

Because you post this in the "Buy, Sell and Trade" forum and not in one of the Linux forums wink. All forums in the "other" section (Buy, Sell and Trade, Feedback, Slack Space) are shared between both sites.

I moved this thread now to the Linux networking forum.