Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mctonale

failure delivery. not sent from me.

Message from yahoo.com.

Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<mailbot@yahoo.com>:

This address no longer accepts mail.

--- Original message follows.

Return-Path: <my email address>

The original message is over 5k. Message truncated to 1K.

X-Rocket-Spam: 61.144.176.153

X-YahooFilteredBulk: 61.144.176.153

X-Rocket-Track: cat=BK; info=ip:BK<ip=61.144.176.153,policy=g-w0,n0,g100>;sv:UK<ip=68.142.202.233>

X-Originating-IP: [61.144.176.153]

Return-Path: <my email address>

Authentication-Results: mta216.mail.mud.yahoo.com

from=blueyonder.co.uk; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)

Received: from 61.144.176.153 (HELO hwenxhey.uk) (61.144.176.153)

by mta216.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:01:08 -0800

To: paulo_pjr@yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:33:11 UTC

Subject: hi, ive a new mail address

Importance: Normal

X-Priority: 3 (Normal)

Message-ID: <aa5d8de85.7d283e3e08@dhncl.com>

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===fcccf8f9b592b.3a"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===fcccf8f9b592b.3a

hey its me, my old address dont work at time. i dont know why?!

in the last days ive got some mails. i' think thaz your mails but im not sure!

plz read and check ...

cyaaaaaaa

--===fcccf8f9b592b.3a

Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name=mailtext.zip

Content-Transf

*** MESSAGE TRUNCATED ***

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.13.12/192 - Release Date: 05/12/2005

I have no idea who sent this but they obviously have access to my email account.

I do not recognise the recipient address.

I have scanned for virus, adware spyware and run Microsoft malware tool. my old computer was hacked whilst using shareaza (found shortcut to my computer in shared folder).

Anyone have any idea whats happening here?

Someone you know or who has your email address has been infected by the Sobol virus. The message you are receiving is a ploy to make you open an attachment that will infect your machine. It is put together to make it look like you emailed someone and it didn't go through. You may also get one from the cia.gov wanting you to fill out the attached form since your IP was identified at a questionable website. Or, you might get one that comes from someone you've never heard of that wants you to know their new email address. Or, you get an email whose subject matter is Paris Hilton and Nickie whoever. What ever you do, don't open the attachemnt.

You can contact your ISP and give them the information as to what to look for to block these from their servers. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. If you are using Outlook Express, it won't infect you unless you click on the paperclip. Hold down Shift and press the Del button and this will delete it (just hitting the Del button moves it to the delete folder). Using Thunderbird and Eudora is safer in some folks opinion. You can also use a little program like PopTray at www.poptray.org and set it up to "screen" your incoming emails. It has a variety of functions one of which is to show you a list of incoming emails which in turn you can classify as spam or just delete. What you can do is delete the message while it is still at the server and it does not have to be downloaded to your machine. Some people might find the program a nuisance since it announces that you have new email. You can shut that off.

The Sobol virus also sends out one from the "FBI" and also one from "mailsrvcs.net"

Thanks. I am using thunderbird and Desktopsidebar does have a mail checker (guess I should read the preview of messages before downloading it all from now on).

Message did not have an attachment?

mctonale,

one other thing I just noticed about your first post. It mentions that AVG Free said the posting was clean. That to me just points out that AVG is not a good program to have to use for checking for viruses. Clearly you or someone you know were infected by the Sober Virus and it should've have been picked up. With my wife's e-mail when she started getting those messages F-Secure picked up and deleted all the attachements before it allowed the rest of the e-mail through.

American Zombie posted a AVP site that tested 58 programs and AVG came in 25th on that list.

Here is the link to that site. http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=69&mnu=69

Just checked grisoft looks like I am now protected.

Update came after possible infection so I have scanned again.

I am not infected. smile don't know who is though as a lot of ebay members may still have my address.

It either didn't send the attachment or it was blocked without warning.

Thanks.