Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pk_lipp

New RAM Problems

Please help! I recently purchased some new RAM for my Dell 8200 series. When I installed it the computer stated that it was unsupported and that I needed 40 ns or faster. I had purchased a Samsung 512MB (2 sticks of 256MB) PC800 ECC 45ns, supposedly this was guaranteed to work on my computer. The Ram I have is Samsung 256MB (2 sticks of 128MB) PC800 ECC 40ns. Is there any way to make my computer run with the new ram? Could I download a new BIOS to fix the problem? Or am I stuck. Thanks for your help.

If you bought the ram from Dell ship it back to them. If you bought it at a store I would take it back and exchange it for the right ones.

Like they said, branded PC's can be very picky with expansions. If you bought that RAM stick from Dell, tell Dell's tech support there's problems and have it changed (you shouldn't bother getting RAM and other expansion peripherals from just any store; get them only from Dell).

You can try an put the new sticks on the front slots the one's which are near to the processor fan. it may work. also in dell computers there is an option of clearing NVRAM in the bios just try out after putting the new memory sticks. anyfurther querries just m,ail me at chinmayahsukla@yahoo.co.in