Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tanner

tnt and d3d probs

Ok,

Frustration sinks in. I have a Diamond viper 770 Ultra TNT2 card. Everything on the desktop looks great. So I fire up Asheron's call... yeww software rendering.

So I run dxdiag and test my 3d settings. Apparently I can run 3d tests on software renderding but hardware rendering fails. What can I do to get my tnt to work for D3D games and I guess even OpenGL?

Or am I screwed until Diamond realeases real drivers?

I tried all forms of drivers from Nvidia. But all result in the same thing, not being able to run hardware rendered test through dxdiag.

Whassup?

Unfortunatly I thinkyour pretty much out of luck untill (if they ever do) diamond releases drivers. And knowing their track history with that kind of stuff, you could be in for a long wait. Plus I have heard that because of the deal with S3 they wont be getting any driver updates for legacy products. The reason your 770 doesnt work with the NVidia ref. drivers is because its not a true ref. card.

Have you tried all the latest betas from Nvidia? I'm running 3.78 and all the games that I've tried work great (Q3, Unreal Tournament etc.)

Just a thought... You probably know all this already. Hope you get things to work soon...

smile

I am certain that the Diamond v770 cards

are true to the reference design. You may

be experiencing problems because of a

messed up driver installation. You should

try dling the latest Nvidia ref drivers

and unzipping them to their own directory.

Change your video card drivers to standard

VGA then reboot. Install the new drivers

andany problems should be taken care of.

Give it a try and let us know smile