Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LoveBug5386

The Sims 2 frustrations

hi, i just installed the sims 2, and that worked fine, but whenever i go to play it is says

"Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer"

what does this mean? what do i need to download\buy to get it to work? do you know where i can get them?

i found ActiveX 9.0c online so i downloaded it but the message keeps popping up! where do i find out what kind of gamecard i have, if i have one, and if i don't where can i buy them?

HELP!!!!!!!! I'M SO LOST!!!!!!!!!

heres my activex information

Device

Name: Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip Type: Intel® 82815

Dac Type: Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 4.0 MB

Current Display Mode: 800x600 (16 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Drivers

Main Driver: i81xdnt5.dll

Version 6.13.0001.2872 (English)

Date: 8/8/2001 07:13:35

WHQL Logo’d: Yes

Mini VDD: i81xnt5.sys

VDD: n/a

DDI Version: 8

THANKS SOO MUCH!!

B

You'll find DirectX here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

Download and install it.

You do not have a graphics card, rather yours is onboard (meaning it is part of the motherboard). In theory, your onboard Intel should be able to play Sims 2 though not as fast as if you had one that you would put into the AGP slot (presuming yours has AGP 2x or 4x.)

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-016327.htm

Quote:

Symptoms:

The Sims* 2 game will not run.

Error: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

Solution:

The following steps can be used to eliminate or minimize the issue(s) reported with the game:

1. Set the display to 16-bit color. To make this change, follow these steps:

a. Click on the Start menu and select Settings, Control Panel, and then double-click on Display. If using Microsoft Windows* XP: Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel, "Switch to Classic View" if the category view is shown, and then double-click on Display.

b. Select the Settings tab.

c. Change the Color Quality (Color Depth) to 16-bit color.

2. Run the game with the -w switch which forces the game to run in a window. To add this switch, follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the The Sims 2 game and left-click on Properties. You can do this either on the game's shortcut on the desktop or on the game's entry in the Start menu.

b. Add a space and -w to the end of the Target field, so that it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe" -w

Note: The actual path may vary depending on where the game was installed. Make sure that the -w goes outside the quotation marks and that there is a space between the last quotation mark and the -w.

c. Click OK.

This applies to:

Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller

Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller

there are 2 ways you can do this

my first choice would be this one:

go to this website: http://www.soft32.com/download-Windows_XP_Service_Pack_2-992-5.html

and download windows service pack 2

IF THAT DOESNT WORK/ YOU DONT HAVE WINDOWS

right click on the sims icon on ur desktop

click on the 'shortcut' tab

find the box that has a drop down and says normal in it

change it so that it says minimized

Run: [Minimized \/]

although this will make the game screen be significantly smaller, i dont care, as long as i get my sims!!!

those are solutions that worked for me and i really REALLY hope they work for you!

can someone please help me

i can download the first 2 cds without problems

but when i get to the the 3rd cd it freezes on 72% it says cant download something

i have NO idea wat to do anymore

sims2_helpneeded ;(