Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty21

S3 Virge & Win2k Drivers?????!?!?!?!?!

Does my S3 Virge (which is a couple of years old) work with Windows 2000?

2d card: S3 Virge-DX/GX PCI (375/385)

3d card: Diamond Monster II (8MB)

I know 3dfx makes drivers for my 3d card but what about my 2d card?????? Please someone answer my question and will be eternally grateful. Thanks!

The S3 GX/DX PCI is listed in the HCL, so native drivers will be present in W2K.

However, the card is crap, and you'd be well advised to invest $100 or so in something better.

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

Native drivers were in win9x so they should be in win2k also.

Actually I just posted this to agree with yuppiescum because i have that same card and it does suck. In fact I hate that card. Upgrading should be #1 priority for you. Even if you have to fast for a month. j/k smile

Ya I know I am going to upgrade but I'm waiting until the Voodoo 5 comes out so I can sell my old system to someone who wants a decent system that can run anything you want. Thanks for your help guys!

Scotty

Not sure why everyone's so down on scotty about the Virge card. He's only using it for 2D, and I doubt he's running Photoshop or a 21" monitor...

hehe..me neither.....Like I said I'm waiting until the voodoo5 but I do run photoshop on a 18". It's hell right now but gotta wait for the new cards to release! damn 3dfx hurry up

Scotty